Monday, December 12, 2011

What is the average number of medications an average american takes simultaneously?

I know elders can take up to 15 or so, and for some diseases none is prescribed, but I need to know the average number. Thanks.|||My personal guess would be 4-6 on the average. I work in a pharmacy, and most baby boomers/seniors, who take up a lot of the population are on 9 +, while most young people are on 1-2. The average American is on something actually, because most girls and women do take birth control.





http://www.cbgcms.com/docs/Proper%20Disc鈥?/a>


This PDF says the average is 12, which includes antibiotics, pain meds, etc and such throughout the year (not daily medicine), so yes I'd say about 4-6|||In all probability - way less than 1, on "average" since most people don't take any.|||idk

No comments:

Post a Comment