Saturday, December 17, 2011

How long is the average time for completing a novel from start to finish?

For those of you who have completed a novel or have knowledge in the field of literature what is the average completion time for an average sized novel 60,000-80,000 words?|||It's difficult to say; Donna Tartt has written 2 books in 10 years, while Danielle Steele puts out 2 books a year. I wrote a book (from roughdraft to revisions) in 4 years. I would think the average is probably 2 year-3 years.|||I'm no expert, and I've never written a novel, but I've heard of books that have taken a decade or more to write, and others less than a year-of varying sizes. It all depends on how easily the words you want come to you and how inspired you are to write it.





The average I'd say is about 3.5 years|||There is never a time line. It takes as long or short as it needs to, but usually it won't take less than a year, pretty much three years I guess is an average time frame if that's what you're looking for.|||http://www.peacecorpswriters.org/pages/d鈥?/a>





How to write a novel in 100 days or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment