Thursday, December 15, 2011

What is the average time for 3rd stage of labour and average time for pushing?

I always thought the pushing stage was only about 20 minutes but I have heard from other people that average time is AN HOUR!!! I thought this was a long time to have such strenuous straining on the vaginal muscles and skin.





Can anyone else tell me how long their pushing stage went for etc?|||Pushing stage is on average about an hour hon. It can go longer. I got lucky and got my son out in 5 minutes. My sister was pushing for two hours. It really just depends on you and your body.|||for your first baby it can last 1 - 2 hours.. for me it lasted about an hour and a half.. but it didnt feel like it was the long|||Third stage of labor is when the placenta is delivered. But yes, pushing can take an hour or more, especially if it is your first and you have an epidural. I took one hour.|||it really depends on you. everyones different try not to worry about it too much as no one can tell u what going to happen. your muscles will cope! its amazin how our bodies cope and recover after beign pregnant and giving birth. all the best|||for me it was 2 hours. only because i wasn't listening to midwife and screamed instead of pushing properly. if i would have pushed properly h would have been out sooner|||I just had my first baby on the 12th Nov '09 wich was spontaneous (not induced). I had a rare fast labour with no tearing! My labour = 2hrs 10 mins, Pushing= 14mins, Placenta= 6mins. But my friend whos baby is only 4 hours older than mine was labouring for 48 hours and ended up havin an emergency c-section after bein induced. Every 1 is different. Its amazing what ur body can go through to have a baby.





But i remeber them sayin at birthin class that on average ur in labour for 6-8 hours and pushing 30-45mins

No comments:

Post a Comment