Saturday, December 17, 2011

What is the average warranty offered on roofing?

I am trying to figure out what the average warranty is on roofing, for the materials not the installation, to help me evaluate a green building program. What is the average warranty, and if possible can you provide source/s? Ideally I'd like to know what the majority of production builders buy for their houses.|||"Production Builders" would be using 20 year shingles normally, but you CAN get 30 or even 40 year shingles in some of the architectural styles. There are also other methods and materials that *could* be used, but the 20 year 3 tab shingle is less expensive and therefore more common. The link is to GAF, though I'm not even sure if THEY still offer the 20 year. I think they start their line with a 25 year warranty.


Al|||Most of them are for 20 or 30 years, but watch out, because these are only for the original purchaser and not always transferable.

No comments:

Post a Comment