Thursday, December 15, 2011

What is the average temp for a dual vid card system?

I just got a second video card for my computer and i installed it and was wondering what the average temperature was. My temperature before was around 45 C now it is about 50 C Idle. Is this average?|||That's a vague question. Watercooled or air cooled? Assuming you are on air cooling, that should be normal. The 2nd card dumps additional heat, which may result in an increase in temperature of other components.|||Yes that is average and decent Idle temps, what are they under full load?|||You didn't list what the temperature was for.





At any rate, yes, it is very common. Just think about it, the cards are very close together and both are producing heat. There's less air for at least one of the cards to cool up with.





Your temps are fine if they're your video card temps, but not great if they're your system temps. I like having my temps around 40 C, but I only use one 9800gtx+.

No comments:

Post a Comment