Sunday, December 4, 2011

What average is acceptable for a math major or engineering?

I've been told it would be easier to breeze through the math if I maintain a B average and don't stuggle over trying for an A average. Would a C average be acceptable, and do employers really look at the grades or just the diploma?|||What type of engineering do you want to do? Not all engineering will have the same math requirements. I maintained an A average because I was very serious about the career I wanted, and I felt I needed to have an A level of understanding to be the best I could be at my work. If it matters to you, maybe you could take a repeat course, and make a higher grade the second time around. It all depends on your priorities. And yes, most employers will be interested in the details of your education. In many ways, your work performance will reflect on their business.|||I think a C average would carry you over to completing your degree, but it may make a difference in what jobs you eventually can find. Some employers ask on the application for your grade level as well as degrees and where you went to school. If you applied for a job where math skills would be important, such as design or overseeing projects, then someone who maintained a B or A average in those courses would have a better chance of being hired.|||You're paying to be there, don't you want to learn everything you can?

No comments:

Post a Comment