Monday, December 12, 2011

What is the average cost of ingredients for a homemade meal?

Let's say I'm a personal chef, preparing meals for busy families. How much, on average, would ingredients for a basic home-cooked meal cost? (Let's assume anything way over the average cost will be covered by the customer.)|||I would say about $8.00 per person. I say this includes a decent meat, a starch and veggie and dessert.|||I cook every day, making a meal that would feed an average family of four, for about $5 for a supper with meat. Well, actually I guess it doesn't matter if it's with meat or meatless, because fish probably costs about the same, or other ingredients such as cheeses to substitute for meat.|||Depends on what you're making. If you're making authentic beef stroganoff (made with tenderloin) for a family of four, you're looking at about $25.00 for just the meat--doesn't even include the rest of the ingredients for the stroganoff or any of the side dishes. If you're making Impossible Cheeseburger Pie (a Bisquick recipe), you could probably spend that same $25.00 and feed 40 people. This is a difficult question to answer because, like I said, it all depends on what meat you're cooking and how many you're looking to feed.|||if your talking an average family of 5, and an average meal of meat and potato's i'd figure about 4 dollars per person|||depends on where you live , I live in Mexico now and can get almost any cut of beef for $2 a lb and veggies are cheap too|||open a can of pork and beans for less than a dollar. enjoy!!|||$6|||for 3 people I would say 10 to 15 dollars|||it costs me $10 in food for our family 2 adults and 2 kids (9 and 3) for one dinner and we eat well all made from scratch...


good luck and great idea

No comments:

Post a Comment